Information on Origins of E. Krüger and R. Glaesemann

Okres gdy miasto było pod zaborem pruskim czyli 1772-1807 i 1815-1871, oraz w granicach Rzeszy Niemieckiej czyli 1871-1945.
garret

Information on Origins of E. Krüger and R. Glaesemann

Post autor: garret »

Hello,

I found this forum while searching the internet for information on my family from Schneidemühl, especially Else Kruger and her brothers. I apologize and must say that I do not know Polish, and hope that someone here can read my English!

By way of my research, I have learned that Else Krueger, my great-great-grandmother arrived in the United States in 1909 from Schneidemühl, which at that time was German territory. Else had three sisters and one brother, Willi, who died in World War One in 1917. Does Piła, Poland maintain historical records that would allow me to find the grave of Willi Krueger, which I presume to be somewhere near Piła?

Also, can anyone tell me if a family named Glaesemann lived near Piła/Schneidemühl in the early 20th century? My great-great grandmother Else Krueger married Rudolf Karl Glaesemann, and I have been told that this family also lived in the area at the beginning of the 1900s.

In any case, I just thought I would ask!

Thank you,

Garret D. Girmus
U.S.A.
anerr

Re: Wanted: Information on Origins of Else Krüger and Rudolf Glaesemann

Post autor: anerr »

Poniżej znajduje się tłumaczenie (translation below):

"Witam,

Znalazłem to forum podczas poszukiwań informacji o mojej rodzinie z Schneidemühl, szczególnie Else Kruger oraz jej braci. Przepraszam, że muszę to powiedzieć, ale nie znam polskiego i mam nadzieje, że ktoś będzie w stanie to przeczytać.

Podczas poszukiwań dowiedziałem się, że Else Krueger, moja pra pra babcia przybyła do USA w 1909 roku z Schneidemühl, które w tym czasie było na terytorium Niemiec. Else miała 3 siostry i 1 brata, Willi, który zginął podczas I Wojny Światowej w 1917 roku. Czy Piła, albo Polska posiada historyczne akta, które pozwolą mi znaleźć grób Willi Krueger? Przypuszczam, że grób znajduję się w pobliżu Piły.

Czy ktoś może mi powiedzieć, czy rodzina o nazwisku Glaesemann żyła w Pile/Schneidemühl na początku XX wieku? Moja pra pra babcia Else Krueger wyszła za mąż za Rudolfa Karla Glaesemann i powiedziano mi, że także ta rodzina mieszkała na tym terenie na początku XX wieku.

Dziękuje,
Garret D. Girmus
U.S.A."

Jeśli zajdzie taka potrzeba to mogę przetłumaczyć posty.
Pozdrawiam.
garret

Dziękuję! :D
Awatar użytkownika
Krzysztof Ju

Post autor: Krzysztof Ju »

W książce adresowej Piły (Adreßbuch der Stadt Schneidemühl) z 1896 roku widnieją 53 osoby o nazwisku Krüger, lecz żadna to nie jest Else. Ale za to pojawia się wzmianka o jednej osobie z nazwiskiem Glaesemann. Julius Glaesemann, pracownik lub robotnik zamieszkały przy Feldstraße 24 (współcześnie ul. Witosa albo Walki Młodych). Może to był ojciec Rudolfa Karla?

Dzięki uprzejmości J23 wiem, że poza tą książką adresową sprzed 1914 roku, istnieją jeszcze wydania z roku 1898, 1900, 1901, 1902 i 1905. Warto sprawdzić czy może tam pojawia się wzmianka o Else? Wszystkie wspomniane księgi adresowe, poza ostatnią, znajdują się w Archiwum Państwowym w Berlinie-Dahlem (Das Geheimes Staatsarchiv Preußischer Kulturbesitz), gdzie można odpłatnie zamówić zdalną kwerendę. Natomiast książka adresowa z 1905 roku znajduje się w zbiorach Muzeum Okręgowego w Pile.

W prośbie garret widzę nieścisłość, bo najpierw pada pytanie o braci Else a potem dalej mowa tylko o jednym bracie i trzech siostrach ;) Tak czy siak, Willi Krüger faktycznie zginął podczas pierwszej wojny światowej w 1917 roku, co zostało odnotowane w Deutsche Verlustlisten (Preußen 839) opublikowanej 22 maja 1917 roku: "Krüger, Willi, Utffz. - 30. 1. 98 Schneidemühl - gefallen". Utffz to skrót od Unteroffizier - podoficer lub kapral. Dalej podano datę i miejsce urodzenia oraz lakonicznie, że zginął.

Można domniemywać, że Willi poległ w połowie maja 1917 roku i prawdopodobnie został pochowany w Pile na cmentarzu wojennym (Ehren-Friedhof) między al. Wojska Polskiego a ul. Mickiewicza. Do dziś prawie nic nie pozostało ze cmentarza poza nielicznymi nagrobkami, wśród których jest nagrobek braci Arno i Ericha Krügerów, ale czy byli spokrewnieni z praprababką Else?

Czy garret posiada więcej informacji o praprababce (np. daty życia, imiona ojca i matki, czy i w jakiej branży pracowała) albo jakieś pamiątki po niej?
anerr

In the address book (Adressbuch der Stadt Schneidemühl) from 1896 appear 53 people with surname Krueger, but none of them is not Else. But there is mention about one person with the name Glaesemann. Julius Glaesemann, employee or laborer lived at Feldstraße 24 (today it is Witosa Street or Walki Młodych Street). Maybe was he father of Rudolf Karl?

Thanks to J23, I know that beyond this address book before 1914, there are editions of 1898, 1900, 1901, 1902 and 1905. It is worth to check these editons. Maybe there will be a mention about Else. All of these address books, except the last one, are at the State Archives in Berlin-Dahlem (Geheimes Das Staatsarchiv Preußischer Kulturbesitz), where for a fee you can order a remote query. However, address book from 1905 is located in the Regional Museum in Pila.

I see inaccurancy in garret`s request, because the first question was about Else`s brothers and then he asked about one brother and three sisters ;) Anyway, Willi Krüger died during the First World War in 1917, what was recorded at the Deutsche Verlustlisten (Preußen 839) published on 22 May 1917: "Krüger, Willi, Utffz. - 30. 1. 98 Schneidemühl - gefallen". Utffz means Unteroffizier - sergeant or corporal. There are only date and place of birth and that he died.

It can be assumed that Willi was killed in mid-May 1917 and probably was buried in the military cemetery in Pila (Ehren-Friedhof) between Wolska Polskiego Street and Mickiewicz Street. Unfortunately almost nothing remained of the cemetery, except a few tombstones, but there is the tomb of brothers Arno and Erich Krüger. Were they related to Else?

Garret, do you have more information about Else (eg. date of birth and death, names of her father and mother, where did she work) or some souvenirs of her?
Awatar użytkownika
Krzysztof Ju

anerr, dziękuję za przetłumaczenie i oczywiście chodzi o Arno i Erich Krueger a nie Kruegerów. Pozwoliłem sobie tylko tą jedną rzecz poprawić w Twoim tłumaczeniu.
garret

All,

Thank you very much for your response to my message! So, to reiterate, my great grandmother, Ruth Lubben, was born to Else Amanda Krueger and Rudolf Karl Glaesemann. Else had three sisters, and then a brother, Willi, who died in World War One (photo at the end of this message). I don't know if the people you mentioned with the tombstones in the Pila cemetery were related to Else.

I also have detailed information on Else's sisters at home, including that one was named Hedwig, but I don't have access to it at the moment. In any case, Else's parents were Augustav Adolf Krueger and Anna Marie Draeger (whom we presumed to be French). I also know that Else Krueger was born on May 5 1892 in Schneidemuhl, Germany. However, I have no further information on Else's parents or other ancestors.

Else Krueger's husband was Rudolf Karl Glaesemann. Rudolf was the son of Julius Glaesemann and Augusta Pieschke. Rudolf was born on November 24, 1884 in Schneidemühl and died near Chester, Kansas, USA at an unknown date. The address book reference you have for Julius Glaesemann at Feldstraße 24 could very well be Rudolf, too. If I may ask, does the address give another name for Julius, like Carl Julius Glaesemann?

In any case, I would appreciate any thoughts you might have on finding information on Else Krueger and Rudolf Glaesemann's grandparents. Our family history stops at Else and Rudolfs' parents, and it would be wonderful if we could find any information on their ancestors, at least some of whom probably lived in the area.

Sincerely,

Garret

Obrazek
Photograph of Willi "Bill" Krueger
anerr

No to jedziemy dalej :)

Bardzo dziękuję za odpowiedz na moje posty. Moja prababcia, Ruth Lubben, była córką Else Amandy Krueger i Rudolfa Karla Glaesemann. Else miała trzy siostry oraz brata, Willi, który zginął podczas I Wojny Światowej (zdjęcie na końcu postu). Nie wiem czy osoby (chodzi o Arno i Ericha), o których wspominano są spokrewnione z Else.

Posiadam w domu szczegółowe informacje na temat sióstr Else. Jedna z nich miała na imię Hedwig, ale w tym momencie nie mam do nich dostępu. W każdym razie, rodzice Else nazywali się Augustav Adolf Krueger i Anna Marie Draeger (prawdopodobnie pochodziła z Francji). Wiem także, że Else Krueger urodziła się 5 maja 1892 roku w Schneidemuhl, Niemcy. Jednakże, nie posiadam innych informacji o rodzicach Else oraz jej przodkach.

Mężem Else Krueger był Rudolf Karl Glaesemann. Rudolf był synem Juliusa Glaesemann i Augusty Pieschke. Rudolf urodził się 24 listopada 1884 roku w Schneidemühl i zmarł niedaleko Chester w Kansas w USA (daty nie znam). Adres pod którym widnieje Julius, czyli Feldstraße 24, mógłby być także adresem Rudolfa. Czy pod tym adresem widnieje Julius z innymi członami, np. Carl Julius Glaesemann? (ciężko było przetłumaczyć to zdanie :) )

W każdym razie, jestem bardzo wdzięczny za każdą znalezioną informację na temat dziadków Else Krueger i Rudolfa Glaesemann. Historia naszej rodziny kończy się na rodzicach Else oraz Rudolfa. Byłoby wspaniale, gdyby udało się znaleźć informacje o ich przodkach, gdyż nie którzy z nich mieszkali na tym terenie.

Z poważaniem

Garret
Awatar użytkownika
Krzysztof Ju

Garret, czy próbowałeś przeszukać dokładnie archiwum American Family Immigration History Center (AFIHC) oraz tzw. archiwach mormonów (familysearch.org i Family History Library)?

Imigranci przybywający statkami do Nowego Jorku trafiali najpierw na wyspę Ellis (info o wyspie po polsku i angielsku na Wiki), gdzie spisywano dane o nich i badano zdrowie przed wpuszczeniem na stały ląd. Dokumentację związaną z "filtrowaniem" imigrantów opracowała i udostępniła fundacja Ellis Island w formie AFIHC.

Nie szukałem dokładnie w AFIHC, ale udało się znaleźć tam informację, że Rudolf Glaesemann przypłynął 1 kwietnia 1909 roku statkiem "Amerika" z portu Cuxhaven na wyspę Ellis. Zapisano go pod numerem 3 i przy rubryce z wiekiem podano "25 lat", więc to by się zgadzało z Twoimi danymi. W kolejnym numerze, czwartym, zapisano dane najprawdopodobniej jego towarzyszki - Marthy Glaesemann.

Obrazek Obrazek
fot. Ellis Island Foundation. To dwa osobne pliki, ale lepiej czytać jako jedną tabelę w poziomie.
Numery wewnętrzne dokumentów w bazie AFIHC: Image 0637 i Image 0636.

Zakładając, że Else ożeniła się z Rudolfem przed imigracją, to jakim cudem nie można znaleźć jej w dokumentacji wyspy Ellis pod żadnym znanym nam imieniem? Przybyła do Ameryki, w tym samym roku co Rudolf, inną drogą niż statkiem? Wątpię. Bardziej prawdopodobne jest to, że ukryła swoją dawną tożsamość i przedstawiła się jako Martha Glaesemann. Else w roku 1909 miała 16 lat (przed dniem urodzin 5 maja) lub 17 lat (po 5 maja). Przy wieku Marthy 1 kwietnia (miesiąc przed urodzinami Else) podano, że ma 16 lat. Wg mnie, Else podała się jako Martha ;)

Natomiast w bazie FamilySearch (info o bazie po polsku i angielsku na Wiki) pod adresem https://familysearch.org/ znalazłem wzmiankę, pod hasłem "Else Amanda Krueger Glaesemann", że urodziła się 1 maja 1892 roku i zmarła 14 października 1917 roku w wieku 25 lat.

Po prawej stronie wspomnianej wzmianki, znajdziesz odnośnik do strony findagrave.com, po którego kliknięciu, wyświetli się informacja o grobie Else na cmentarzu Saint Johns pod Chester w stanie Nebraska. Ponadto podano tam, że małżonkiem był Rudolf Karl i oboje mieli synów Alfreda oraz Rudolfa Erwina.

Obrazek
fot. milejo77 / findagrave.com

Pozostając na findagrave.com, dowiadujemy się także gdzie został pochowany mąż Else i do informacji załączono jego biogram o następującej treści:
findagrave.com pisze:Rudolph Karl Glaesemann

Birth: Nov. 24, 1884, Germany
Death: Apr. 12, 1954
Jefferson County
Nebraska, USA

Rudolph Glaesemann passed away suddenly at his home near Fairbury, Nebr., on Monday, April 12, 1954, at the age of 69 years, 4 months and 18 days.

Rudolph Karl Glaesemann, the second son of Julius and Minnie Glaesemann, was born November 24, 1884, at Schneidemuehl, Germany. He was baptized and confirmed into the Lutheran faith in Germany. As a youth he worked as a printer's apprentice and took a great interest in the work.

In 1900, he came to the United States and made his home with an uncle near Chester. His chief occupation was farming but he also spent a number of years working for the railroad. In 1906, he took out his citizenship papers.

While at Chester, he affiliated with St. John's Lutheran church (sic) and was an active member.

He returned to Germany and was married to Else Amanda Krueger in February, 1909. They returned to the United States and located on a farm north of Chester, where four children were born to them. His wife, Else, preceded him in death on September 13, 1917, and a son, Alfred, passed away August 14, 1924.

On November 19, 1920, he was married to Hedwig Krueger. They lived in the Chester and Hebron vicinity until 1935, when they settled on a farm two miles northeast of Fairbury, where he was engaged in farming and the cattle business.

He was the last of a family of five children. One brother and three sisters preceded him in death.

Surviving are his wife, Hedwig; two sons, Walter of Hebron and Rudolph Erwin of Fairbury; a daughter, Mrs. Ruth Schmit of Hebron, and 7 grandchildren and a number of nieces and nephews.

Funeral services were held on Thursday afternoon at the Nuckolls chapel (sic), with Rev. M. Matuschka officiating. Mrs. Glen Terp was soloist. Burial was in the Fairbury cemetery (sic).
Autorka tego biogramu, prawdopodobnie Peggy Bargen Duey, podaje kilka interesujących informacji: Rudolf przybył do Ameryki już w 1900 roku, żył pod Chester i po kilku latach wrócił do Europy na krótko. W lutym 1909 roku poślubił Else w Pile i około dwa miesiące później wyruszyli do Ameryki. Else urodziła mu czwórkę dzieci. W 1920 roku poślubił Hedwig Krueger z którą stworzył dużą rodzinę. Czy dobrze rozumiem, że po śmierci Else ożenił się z jej siostrą, również pilanką?

FamilySearch podaje, że Hedwiga Krueger przybyła do Ameryki w 1920 roku, ale nie potwierdza tego AFIHC. Ciekawe, czy poza Hedwig, ktoś jeszcze z rodzeństwa Else, wyemigrował do USA?

Opierając się na danych z findagrave.com, wynika, że Else miała dwóch synów, jedną córkę (informacja od Ciebie) a nic nie wiemy o czwartym dziecku:
- Alfred Glaesemann (? - 1924),
- Rudolph Erwin Glaesemann (1916 - 1981),
- Ruth Lubben,
- nieznane dziecko.

Oczywiście w FamilySearch i AFIHC oraz findagrave.com szukałem powierzchownie i proszę Cię, byś wspomniane bazy danych przeszukał dokładnie, wpisując dane o wszystkich Twoich przodkach. I skontaktował się z autorką biogramu - Peggy Duey. Będziemy wdzięczni za podzielenie się z wynikami poszukiwań.

Wracając do książki adresowej Piły z 1896 roku: wspomniałem już, że Julius Glaesemann, ojciec męża Else, mieszkał przy Feldstrasse 24. Ciekawostką jest, że również przy Feldstrasse (ale pod numerem 1) mieszkał/pracował Gustav Draeger z zawodu Schmiedemeister, czyli kowal. Można ostrożnie przypuszczać, że był to dziadek Else, bo książka adresowa z 1896 roku wymienia tylko jedno nazwisko Draeger - właśnie Gustava Draegera. Jeśli dobrze myślę, dom przy Feldstrasse 1 w dawnej Pile to istniejąca do dziś kamienica przy ul. Witosa/pl. Powstańców Warszawy lub przy McDonaldzie. Tutaj widok współczesny z Google Street View.

Historyk Marek Fijałkowski, w polskojęzycznym artykule pt. "Ulica Witosa, dawna Polna" na stronie dzienniknowy.pl wspomina, że Gustav Draeger miał syna Oswalda, który po 1900 roku prowadził dalej kuźnię jako podkuwacz koni. Jeśli moje przypuszczenia co do ojca matki Else są słuszne, to Oswald Draeger był bratem Anny Marii Draeger.

I ostatnia ciekawostka z książki adresowej z 1896 roku: przy Feldstrasse pod nr 8 mieszkała Wilhelmine Krueger. Ale to nadal zagadka, która z 53 osób o nazwisku Krueger to była rodzina Else ze strony jej ojca. Wgląd do ksiąg adresowych z lat 1898-1905 pozwoliłby zawęzić "listę podejrzanych", ale to leży poza moimi możliwościami.

Bardzo proszę Cię o informacje o siostrach Else i wszelkie inne informacje, które pozwolą poznać losy Twojej praprababki i jej przodków. Dzięki :)
anerr

Garret, have you tried to search archive the American Family Immigration History Center (AFIHC) and the so-called "Mormons archives" (familysearch.org and the Family History Library)?

Immigrants, who wanted arrive to New York, first, They had to visit Ellis Island (info about the island in Polish and English on Wikipedia). On Ellis Island were written all facts about them, and examined health before They could go on mainland. Documentation of "filtering" of immigrants has developed and released a foundation Ellis Island in the form of AFIHC.

I was not looking through exactly the AFIHC, but I managed to find there information that Rudolf Glaesemann arrived 1st April 1909 by ship "Amerika" from Cuxhaven on Ellis Island. Filed him at number 3 and by age category specified "25 years", so it would fit with your data. In the next issue (number 4) saved data most likely his companion - Martha Glaesemann.

Assuming, that Else got married with Rudolf before immigration, why we can not find her in the Ellis Island`s documentation under any name known to us? Did She come to America in the same year as Rudolf, but another way? I doubt it. I suppose, that She hid her old identity and introduced herself as Martha Glaesemann. Else was 16 years old in 1909 (birthday before 5th May) or 17 years (after 5th May). In column "age" Martha (one month before Else`s birthday) reported, that She was 16 years old (1st April). According to me, Else introduced herself as Martha ;)

However, in the FamilySearch database (info about the database in Polish and English Wiki) at https://familysearch.org/ I found a mention, under the slogan "Amanda Krueger Glaesemann Else" that she was born on 1st May 1892 and died on 14th October 1917 at the age of 25.

On the right side of records, you will find a link to the website findagrave.com, after click, displays information about Else`s grave in the cemetery of Saint Johns at Chester in Nebraska. Furthermore it is stated there that the spouse was Rudolf Karl and they had sons - Alfred and Rudolf Erwin.

Staying on findagrave.com, we also learn where Else`s husband was buried and his biographical information is attached as follows:

// Here is text in English. I don`t copy it//

The author of this biography, probably Peggy Bargen Duey, gives us some interesting information: Rudolf came to America already in 1900, he lived in Chester and after a few years he returned to Europe for a short time. In February 1909, he married Else in Piła (Schneidemuhl) and about two months later went to America. Else bore four children. In 1920 he married Hedwig Krueger and they created a large family. Do I understand that after the death of Else, he married to her sister, whom also came from Schneidemuhl?

FamilySearch says that Hedwig Krueger came to America in 1920, but AFIHC does not confirm this. I wonder, who did else from Else`s sibling emigrate to USA beyond Hedwig?

Based on data from findagrave.com, that Else had two sons, one daughter (information from you) and we do not know anything about her fourth child:
- Alfred Glaesemann (? - 1924).
- Rudolph Erwin Glaesemann (1916 - 1981).
- Ruth Lubben,
- Unknown child.

Of course, FamilySearch and AFIHC and findagrave.com I looking through shallowly and if you can search these databases thoroughly, entering data on all of your ancestors. If you will be able to contact the author of the biography - Peggy Duey. We would appreciate, if you will share the results of your research.

Returning to Schneidemuhl`s address book from 1896: I mentioned that Julius Glaesemann, the father of Else`s husband, lived at Feldstraße 24. It is interesting that also Gustav Draeger lived / worked on Feldstrasse (but at number 1). He was Schmiedemeister, in other words blacksmith. We can cautiously assume that he was Else`s grandfather, because the address book from 1896 mentions only one name Draeger - just Gustav Draeger. I think, the house at Feldstrasse 1 is still exist. This is house at Witosa Street / Square Powstańców Warszawy, next to McDonald's Restaurant. Here you can see contemporary view with Google Street View.

Historian Marek Fijałkowski in article: "Witosa street, a former Polna" on page dzienniknowy.pl mentions that Gustav Draeger had a son Oswald, who after 1900 has continued forge as a farrier horses. If my suspicions about father of Else`s mother are correct, Draeger Oswald was the brother of Anna Maria Draeger.

The one last curiosity from the address book from 1896: Wilhelmine Krueger lived on Feldstrasse at number 8 . But it is still a mystery, who from 53 persons named Krueger was Else`s family from side of her father. If I could look at address books from the years 1898-1905 I would narrow "list of suspects," but this is beyond my capabilities.

I ask you for information about Else`s sisters and any other information that will allow to know the fate of your great-great-grandmother and her ancestors. Thanks :)

Uff, very long message at this time :P
Kind regards!
garret

Hello,

I apologize for the delayed response! I will have information for you on Else Krüger's sisters this upcoming weekend when I am back home!

Sincerely,

Garret
garret

Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind responses. I am now armed with more information to share. :D

Else Krueger was my great-great-grandmother. Else was born on May 1, 1892 to Anna Marie Draeger and either Augustav Adolf or Christopher Krueger. Else had three sisters and one brother. They are as follows:

- Martha (married Franz Fritsch) - born 1888 and died in 1917
- Emma (married William Heydenauder or Heydenauer) - born 1890 and died in 1971
- Hedwig - born on January 31, 1894 and died on June 14, 1979
- Wilhelm (also known as Willy) - born in 1898 and died in World War One in 1917

While Else Krueger was born in/near Schneidemühl, she emigrated to the United States. A ship passenger record I have indicates that she arrived in Ellis Island on April 7, 1909 on the ship Cleveland, which departed from Cuxhaven. Yese, Else and Rudolf came over on different ships within a week or so of each other.

Else Krueger's husband, Rudolf Glaesemann, was born on November 24, 1884. Rudolf's mother was Augusta Pieschke, and his father was Julius Glaesemann. Rudolf had three sisters and one brother. They are as follows:

- Emma
- Selma
- Kurt (I am not sure if this is the right spelling)
- Alfreda

Rudolf and Else married in Chester, Nebraska in 1909 and they had four children, including my great-grandmother, Ruth Glaesemann, who was born on August 16, 1914. However, Else died in childbirth on September 14, 1917. Rudolf later married Else's sister, Hedwig Krueger, in 1920.

So, I have some questions.

1. Are there any church records or civil records that would allow me to get more information on Rudolf and Else's ancestors? I do not have any information on Else and Rudolf's parents or grandparents, beyond the names I have shared, and have had a lot of trouble finding anything on familysearch.org. I also know that their faith was most likely Lutheran - not Catholic. Do the marriage and birth records from this time still exist, or were they destroyed during WWII? What about baptism and religious marriage records? Is there a church archives in Poland or Germay that would have this information?
2. Was there an estate that belonged to the German nobility near Schneidemühl? Family legend has it that Julius Glaesemann was a well known bricklayer and carpenter, and that he was allowed to hunt on "the Kaiser's estate" near Schneidemühl.

Wedding photo of Else Krueger and Rudolf Glaesemann
Obrazek
anerr

Witam!

Bardzo dziękuję za pozdrowienia. Jestem teraz uzbrojony w większą ilość informacji, którymi mogę się podzielić.

Else Krueger była moja prapra babcią. Else urodziła się 1 maja 1892 roku, córka Anny Marie Draeger i Augustava Adolfa albo Christophera Krueger. Else miała 3 siostry i brata:

- Martha (wyszła za mąż za Franza Fritsch) - urodzona 1888, zmarła w 1917
- Emma (wyszła za mąż za Williama Heydenauder albo Heydenauer) - ur. 1890, zm. 1971
- Hedwig - ur. 31 stycznia 1894, zm. 14 czerwca 1979
- Wilhelm (znany jako Willy) - ur. 1898, zginął podczas I Wojny Światowej w 1917

Else Krueger urodziła się w/niedaleko Schneidemühl, wyemigrowała do USA. Lista pasażerów, która posiadam, wskazuję na to, że przybyła na wyspę Ellis 7 kwietnia 1909 roku na statku Cleveland, który wypłynął z Cuxhaven. Yese (nie znam tego słowa, może to imię?/ I don`t know this word. Is it name of somebody?), Else i Rudolf przybyli różnymi statkami w przeciągu tygodnia.

Mąż Else, Rudolf Glaesemann urodził się 24 listopada 1884 roku. Jego matką była Augusta Pieschke, a ojcem Julius Glaesemann. Rudolf miał 3 siostry i brata.

- Emma
- Selma
- Kurt
- Alfreda

Rudolf i Else pobrali się w Chester w Nebrasce w 1909 i mieli 4 dzieci, włącznie z moją pra babcią, Ruth Glaesemann. Ruth urodziła się 16 sierpnia 1914 roku. Jednakże, Else zmarła przy porodzie 14 sierpnia 1917 roku. Póżniej Rudolf ożenił się w 1920 z siostrą Else - Hedwig Krueger.

Zatem mam kilka pytań.

1. Czy są jakieś archiwa kościelne albo metryki, które mogłyby mi dać więcej informacji nt. przodków Rudolfa i Else? Nie posiadam żadnych informacji nt. rodziców i dziadków Else i Rudolfa, oprócz imion, które już tu podałem. Mam duże problemy, aby cokolwiek znaleźć na familysearch.org. Wiem, że byli raczej wyznania luterańskiego - nie katolickiego. Czy nadal istnieje spis małżeństw i urodzin z tego okresu czy zostały zniszczone podczas działań wojennych? Co z archiwami nt. chrztu i małżeństw kościelnych? Czy istnieje takie archiwum w Polsce albo w Niemczech, gdzie mógłbym takie informacje zdobyć?
2. Czy w pobliżu Schneidemühl znajdował się majątek/posiadłość należąca do niemieckiej szlachty/arystokracji (nobility oznacza jedno i drugie)? Rodzinna legenda mówi, że Julius Glaesemann był świetnym murarzem i cieślą. Z tego powodu mógł polować w majątku Kaisera (Chodzi tutaj o cesarskie lasy?) niedaleko Schneidemühl.

Poniżej znajduje się ślubne zdjęcie Else i Rudolfa Glaesemann. Rudolf jakby trochę wystraszony :P

Pozdrawiam
Awatar użytkownika
Krzysztof Ju

Ad.1. Nie mam zielonego pojęcia co się stało z przedwojennymi archiwami pilskich kościołów. Jedynie udało mi się znaleźć w szukajwarchiwach.pl (wyszukiwarce zasobów polskich archiwów państwowych), że w Archiwum Państwowym w Poznaniu - Oddział w Pile znajdują się akta Urzędu Stanu Cywilnego z lat 1874-1923. W tych aktach są m.in. księgi urodzeń i tam powinna być informacja o narodzinach Else Krueger i Rudolfa Glaesemanna oraz ich braci i sióstr.

Czy poza tą informacją o narodzinach będzie tam coś jeszcze, co pozwoli poznać ich przodków? Nie wiem i proponuję skontaktować się z posiadaczem tych akt (pila@poznan.ap.gov.pl), które są niedostępne online i zamówić (prawdopodobnie odpłatną) kwerendę.

Poza księgą urodzeń, we wspomnianym zespole akt Urzędu Stanu Cywilnego, interesujące dla Ciebie byłyby też księgi małżeństw z lat 1874-1923, gdzie teoretycznie między datami 1874 a 1888 (tj. datą narodzin najstarszej siostry Else i prawdopodobnie pierwszego dziecka w rodzinie Kruegerów) powinna być informacja o zawarciu małżeństwa przez rodziców Else i wzmianka o jej babce i dziadku.

Ad.2. O majątku Kaisera nigdy nie słyszałem. Anerr zasugerował, że może chodzić o las cesarski. Takim lasem mógł być teren między Leszkowem a Kaliną, gdzie w połowie drogi mieścił się (lub nadal jest?) kamień - pomnik ku czci cesarza Fryderyka III. Pomnik oznaczany był na międzywojennych mapach Piły pod nazwą "Kaiser-Friedrich-Stein" i może las za kamieniem nieoficjalnie/potocznie był nazywany lasem cesarskim?
Awatar użytkownika
RR
PRZYJACIEL

Post autor: RR »

Krzysztof Ju pisze:Ad.2. O majątku Kaisera nigdy nie słyszałem. Anerr zasugerował, że może chodzić o las cesarski. Takim lasem mógł być teren między Leszkowem a Kaliną, gdzie w połowie drogi mieścił się (lub nadal jest?) kamień - pomnik ku czci cesarza Fryderyka III. Pomnik oznaczany był na międzywojennych mapach Piły pod nazwą "Kaiser-Friedrich-Stein" i może las za kamieniem nieoficjalnie/potocznie był nazywany lasem cesarskim?
W okolicach Złotowa, między Krajenką a Kujanem, znajdowały się duże posiadłości Hohenzollernów, blisko spokrewnionych z rodziną cesarską. Ostatnim właścicielem był Friedrich Leopold von Preussen. Może to jest jakiś trop.
anerr

1. I have no idea what happened to pre-war archives of Schneidemühl`s churches. Only I could find in szukajwarchiwach.pl (search engine of Polish archives) that the State Archives in Poznan - the Division in Pila are records of the Registry Office in the years 1874-1923. These acts include book of births and there should be information about birth of Else Krueger and Rudolf Glaesemanna and their brothers and sisters.

Is information there about something of birth, which will give us some info about their ancestors? I do not know and I suggest you contact the holder of the act (pila@poznan.ap.gov.pl), which are available online and order (probably paid) query.

Beyond of book of births, in band records of the Registry Office, interesting will be a book of marriages from years 1874-1923. Where, in theory, between 1874 and 1888 (date of birth of the eldest Else`s sister, and probably the first child in Krueger`s family) should be Information about marriage of Else`s parents and mention of her grandmother and grandfather.

2. I have never heard about the Kaiser`s estate. Anerr suggested that it might be an imperial forest. Some info about Kaiser: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiser Such forest could be area between Leszkowo and Kalina, where was located (or is still there?) a stone - a monument in honor of Emperor Frederick III. In 1918 - 1939 monument was determined on maps under name "Kaiser-Friedrich-Stein" and maybe forest behind the stone unofficially / colloquially been called imperial forest?

In the area of Złotów, between Krajenka and Kujan, there were large estates of Hohenzollern. They were closely related to the Imperial family. The last owner was Friedrich Leopold von Preussen. Maybe this is a clue.
garret

Thank you very much for the information that you have shared with me. Do you know if the archives staff in Poznan speaks English? I would be happy to reach out with an inquiry!

Sincerely,

Garret
anerr

You should try write to them and we will see :)

Regards from Poland :)
garret

Hello!

I don't know if anyone is still here, but I wanted to follow up on my earlier post. :D

A relative of mine in Nebraska found these two documents that belonged to Else Krueger, including her baptism certificate and her school grades. They were found in a box that had not been opened in almost fifty years. Can anyone tell me about the places mentioned in them? One appears to be the Joannes Kirche, and the other is an Evangelische Schuele?

Obrazek
http://i66.tinypic.com/105um8i.jpg

Obrazek
http://i67.tinypic.com/2v84wtd.jpg

Please note that there are more documents, and I hope to share them at some point!

Cordially,

Garret
maritim
PRZYJACIEL

Post autor: maritim »

Pan Garret napisał:
Else Krueger was my great-great-grandmother. Else was born on May 1, 1892 to Anna Marie Draeger and either Augustav Adolf or Christopher Krueger.
Na pierwszym zdjęciu pokazano odpis aktu chrztu pani Elsy Amandy, ślubnej córki robotnika Gustawa Kruegera i jego żony Anny z domu Draeger urodzonej dn. 1 maja 1892 r w Pile; ochrzczonej w dn. 8 maja tego roku w parafii Św Janów, w obrządku katolickim. Co ciekawe pod dokumentem widnieje podpis proboszcza parafii, budowniczego kościoła pw. Św Rodziny ks. Adalberta Lenza.
Drugie zdjęcie przedstawia świadectwo ukończenia szkoły podstawowej (powszechnej-ewangelickiej!) do której pani Krueger uczęszczała w latach 1898-1906. Co jeszcze ciekawsze
wyznanie absolwentki określono jako - ewangelickie. Wynika z tego że osoba ta zmieniła konfesję. Przydałyby się skany zdjęć w lepszej rozdzielczości.
garret

Thank you for the response! Do you know if Else Krueger's birth record would possibly be in the Pila archives?

-Garret
maritim
PRZYJACIEL

First document, hand writed and signed by Adalbert Lenz, parish priest of St. Johannen in Schneidemuehl is a certificate of baptism of Else Amanda Krueger, legitimate daughter of Gustav Krueger, worker and his wife Anna maiden name Draeger, born in Schneidemuehl in 1.5.1892, which took place in 8.5.1892 in catholic confession.
Second one is school leaving certificate of Evangelic Elementary School in Schneidemuehl which Ms Krueger attended in years 1898-1906. Interesting that her confession is mentioned as evangelic protestant...
maritim
PRZYJACIEL

garret pisze:Thank you for the response! Do you know if Else Krueger's birth record would possibly be in the Pila archives?

-Garret
Very possible but no online access...
http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/55/566/0/1/55#tabJednostka

Will try to check it out next week.
garret

I would really appreciate it if you would be able to check the archives for any information.

Garret
maritim
PRZYJACIEL

Byłem dziś w pilskim Archiwum Państwowym. Niestety okazało się ,że interesujące nas dokumenty urzędu stanu cywilnego - w tym księgi urodzeń dotyczące Piły zostały przez Niemców wywiezione przed zakończeniem wojny i znajdują się obecnie w archiwum w Berlinie. Zachowały się jednakże dokumenty dotyczące okolicznych miejscowości znajdujących się w administracji pilskiego urzędu. Oto kilka zdjęć księgi urodzeń z roku 1892.

Obrazek Obrazek Obrazek Obrazek
ODPOWIEDZ

Utwórz konto lub zaloguj się, aby dołączyć do dyskusji..

Musisz być zarejestrowanym użytkownikiem, aby móc opublikować odpowiedź.

Utwórz konto

Zarejestruj się, aby dołączyć do Nas!
Zarejestrowani użytkownicy, mają dużo więcej przywilejów, związanych z użytkowaniem forum.
Rejestracja i korzystanie z forum jest całkowicie bezpłatne.

Zarejestruj się

Zaloguj się